LLB, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
MPhil (Rehabilitation/Disability and Development), University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Where did you grow up?
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Current research topic:
Violence against Persons with Disabilities in Africa
Prof Christof Heyns
Position prior to the programme:
East Africa Regional Director, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa Disability Alliance (ADA)
- Marcia Rioux, Paula Pinto, Dagnachew Wakene, Rados Keravica & Jose Viera (2019). Reinventing activism: evidence-based participatory monitoring as a tool for social change. The Routledge Handbook of Disability Activism, London. Due for publication in November 2019, available for pre-order at https://www.routledge.com/The-Routledge-Handbook-of-Disability-Activism-1st-Edition/Berghs-Chataika-El-Lahib-Dube/p/book/9780815349303
- Marcia Rioux (ed), Jose Viera, Bengt Lindqvist, Dagnachew B. Wakene, Paula Pinto, Rados Keravica, Rajive Raturi (2017). DRPI The People’s Indicators: Evidence Based Participatory Indicators - Measuring Progressive Realization. York University Press, Toronto.
- MacLachlan M., Mji G., Chataika T., Wazakili M., Dube AK., Mulumba M., Massah B., Wakene D., Kallon F., Maughan M. (2014). Facilitating disability inclusion in poverty reduction processes: group consensus perspectives from disability stakeholders in Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Sierra Leone. Journal of Disability & the Global South. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/fef5/bcfebc6e9348d5bc68cb1db2c1c39a2cfaf3.pdf
- Wakene, Dagnachew (2012). A Fair Share from the 'Development Pie': Disability in the Ethiopian Poverty Reduction Strategy Process (PRSP). Journal of Disability and International Development. http://www.zbdw.de/userfiles/downloads/2012_3_BiE.pdf
- Wakene, Dagnachew (2010). The Role of Disability Rights Movements in the Ethiopian Development Agenda. University of Stellenbosch. https://scholar.sun.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10019.1/6669/wakene_role_2011.pdf?sequence=3